From:
mark berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:39:31 -0700
        A grower called me today and left a message on my answering machine saying that he needed to speak to me immediately. So, my wife called me as soon as she got home to this message. I, of course, called the apple grower as soon as I hung up from talking to my wife.

  The apple grower was all excited about whether he was going to get his bees because the local television station had contacted him for his response on CCD storys. I reassured the grower that my bees are fine and that he and the other growers who I provide pollination for will have their bees. Everything will be fine. Also, all of the other growers in his area get bees from beekeepers that I know and I know that their bees are fine too.

  My apple grower wanted to send me an advance to insure that he would get his bees. We have a very good working relationship and he has been very helpful monetarely and friendship wise in the past.

  I hope that their aren't too many panicy growers out there, but I suspect that there are. Have any of you others experienced this?

  Mark Berninghausen
  Squeak Creek Apiaries
  Brasher Falls, NY

  p.s. the second time in my career that I was contacted by local news media was last week about CCD in Northern NY.