Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2024 18:11:10 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (31 lines)
I have said before that the infighting in beekeeping is so fierce because the potential rewards are so tiny.

I have no details about this unexpected message, except to note that, in general, non-profits tend to pay less than commercial entities, and compensate for that failing by being far more humane to their staff.

-----Original Message-----
From: American Honey Producers Association <[log in to unmask]> 
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2024 4:50 PM
Subject: Time to Say Goodbye - A Farewell Message from Cassie Cox

After eleven years, the AHPA presidency and executive board have made the decision to replace my position with a director position and have hired someone else to fulfill the new role.

It was very sudden and unexpected; I have no intention of retiring yet. 

During my time as Executive Secretary, I have managed exciting projects, fulfilled challenging tasks, and organized and executed almost a dozen national conference and trade shows, all of which granted me the opportunity to develop relationships with incredible organizations and professionals in the beekeeping industry.  I will forever be grateful for these experiences and the knowledge I have gained from the wonderful organizations and members within this association. My contributions to American Honey Producers Association will remain as some of my proudest accomplishments during my career and I will always look back on my eleven years with the organization with fondness.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with AHPA and one of the greatest benefits of my employment has been the opportunity to meet and work with each of you. I give my deepest gratitude to you all for being an important part of my journey. I will deeply miss sharing experiences with our members and others, and am saddened that I will not be able to continue with an organization that I have dedicated so much of my life and heart to.

I do not know where the next step of my journey will take me, but I do hope it will be as fulfilling as the last eleven years have been and will lead me to meeting the quality of persons I have met during that time.

All the Best,
Cassie Cox

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2