Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:30:20 EST
   All of my honey ends up with the floral source descried as "New London
County Wildflower"  Our flow runs very light lemon yellow to  very dark and
then light again after Japanese knotweed is done. To get the very light
spring honey you have to feed in February or the bees will build on the
nectar and catch later flows.
  People ask for lighter honey until they try the dark. I tell them if color
is their deciding factor to go buy some Karo syrup.  I can never guess which
honey will go solid the fastest with any degree of accuracy from one year to
the next.
   The point is you can get many flavors by harvesting several times during
the season and extracting seperately.