From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:36:35 -0500
Sorry to mislead,  but its a PC virus.   Its actually called a cryptolocker,  it locks all your data files with roving encryption.  You can try to pay a ransom and get them back but its dicey.

THIS IS A SERIOUS VIRUS,  any drive attached to your computer will be corrupted,  it WILL corrupt and lock your backup files also.....
I unfortunately got it at Xmas  all email contacts,  a years worth of shop/business records,  all my collected data and work for the last 5 years,  wiped.  I had left my backup plugged in.

Little to no hope to retrieve.

Now  the REASON I posted this.   This morning I got and email  from "Doc"  it was a link to a youtube video on Jamie Ellis.  directed towards us beekeepers.    But its not...  its a virus.  A very directed one.  Look close at the link you will see the you tube is not correct.

Luckily I noticed before I opened.  ANY email links are suspect.  Its normaly sent as a note from UPS or FEdeX,  but now I see they are useing even more clever worms,  Directing it towards specific targets,  probably from this board, or maybe beesource.....

PLEASE  LOOK CLOSE,  as for recomendations on how to stopit,  I have none, other than vigilance and external  unplugged drives.

Charles