From:
George Fergusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 19:17:39 -0500
I have seen a varroa mite on one of my queens. Presumably it wasn't allowed
to stay there long.. I have also seen emerging bees with DWV that were not
coming out of parasitized cells so I expect the larva was infected by being
fed by an infected nurse bee.

George-

At 08:14 PM 11/4/05 GMT, you wrote:
>>>What happens if the queen has the virus?
>
>I have not heard that varroa goes after the queen.  Perhaps they are less
attracted to her scents.

>Waldemar

George & Nancy Fergusson
Sweet Time Apiary