From:
heather gamper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2008 01:58:06 +0000
I appreciate Peter's recent response to this issue. It is possible that this issue is not as cut-and-dry as....
"do not treat" if you do not have evidence of AFB.

After reading a little about Terramycin, it appears as if this type of antibiotic suppresses growth of the bacteria in its active vegetative form. Assuming hives with active vegetative forms of the bacteria will appear symptomatic to AFB (not sure if this true?), and perhaps non-active vegetative forms of the bacteria will show no signs of AFB in your hives - maybe in treating with terramycin to a non-symptomatic hives, you are actually doing nothing to the AFB spores that are not active and are wiping away beneficial bacteria that open the hive to other infection?

http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_messenger_052008