From:
Ian Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 22:34:43 -0400
>I have a several hives which have some bees with deformed wings
<snip>
>A local beekeeper friend says this is caused by varroa. I
>treated in the spring according to directions(Apistan)but have seen this
>activity since July. I would appreciate comments about this.

This is, to my knowledge, caused by the varroa mite while it feeds
on the pupae under its capping.  This loss of nutrients must cause
the mal-formation of the bees wings.  Have you treated again with
Apistan this fall?

Regards,

Ian Watson   [log in to unmask]
real estate agent    baritone    gardener
beekeeper---> 11 colonies