From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2008 21:20:09 -0700
Hi All,

These past couple of years I've noticed that some colonies have sealed
worker brood that is flat to slightly sunken when you look across it,
rather than the normal slightly convex curve of each capping.  The
flatness is uniform across entire frames of sealed  brood--not just
the occasional cell.  The pupae look healthy, although it appears to
happen mostly in colonies that aren't thriving.

Is this a natural variation that I simply haven't noticed before, or
is it something unusual?

Anyone else observing this?

Randy Oliver