From:
Kevin Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2024 13:12:11 -0500
>The only situations that I know of where practitioners using individual bee behaviors have commercially useful colonies that keep mites low is where they select and maintain colonies with highly fixed traits using controlled matings.

This is interesting.  Are you aware of very many such practitioners?  Do they experience cost savings by virtue of less or no treatments required or is it more costly to implement such a selection program?

Is there a feasible path by which these traits might eventually become fixed at the metapopulation level?