From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:45:34 -0400
Ask 10 beekeepers about CCD and you will get 10 different answers.

From my perspective in the upper midwest CCD is not a problem. After reading everything I could get
my hands on concerning CCD and talking to other beeks amd academics I concluded that the number
of likely affected beekeepers is small but they tend to have large numbers of hives.

If this was a randomly occuring disorder then we would have more random reports. Instead we have
mostly feedlot operations affected. What does that tell you?

CCD may go down as the Y2K bee story of 2007, grossly overblown by the media and kept alive by
the industry in hopes of getting badly needed additional support from USDA etc.

So your question to me is inconsequential as you're talking apples and oranges = feedlot bees vs
feral. Would anyone be surprised to hear poultry in confinement buildings have some wierd disease?