From:
"Marion L.Bristow" <mbristow@[146.83.231.10]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 1995 15:03:10 CST
   Last year we had a situation in which a tractor driver , who
has a history of antiphalactante reaction to stings , acidentally dumped a
hive stand with the corner of a 8 blade plow . Needless to say ,he became a
BEELEIVER . He recived aprox. 350 stings in under 1 min. Fortunately ,
I keep gabaglobian and ATCH handy in case one of my students have
problems and the hives in question was close to our wine storage area , so
we had an ample amount of vinegar avalible .
   I was able to get a unit of gabaglob. in the guy , and we dunked him
in a vat of vinegar , clothing and all .
   I'm not at all sure if the vinegar helped the horimone as a counter
reactante to the venom , however , it was really impressive to see him swell
up at an alarming rate and them go back to normal durring the vinegar bath .
   It would be interesting to hear from anyone with similar experiences .
Marion L.Bristow - Jefe Seccion Informatica
Direcion del Campus Chillan
Universidad de Concepcion
Casilla 537
Chillan , Chile