From:
Debbie Gane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 10:23:22 -0600
On Mon, 3 Apr 1995, Andreas Kasenides wrote:

> Since some fellows are discussing smoke producing techniques I
> would really like to hear from people that have considerable
> experience what is their favourite smoke producing agent?
>
> Or am I just asking something that is a standard?
>
> Thanks
> Andreas

Around the Nipawin, Saskatchewan area my family has always cardboard-
they just keep folded up boxes behind the seat in the truck and tear
appropriate sized pieces off when they need it. Its really easy to
transport since it takes up little space and we have quite a few hives . .
plus we always seem to have boxes around - we don't buy any 'specialty'
cut pieces, god forbid!! I didn't even realize people used other substances
until I went beekeeping in the Peace region of Alberta . . . now I guess
I've been thoroughly educated!

Debbie Gane