From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2017 17:03:46 -0400
Jerry: Bee stings do nothing for my arthritis.
Richard: I have nasty arthritis in my right knee.  I am living on alleve
Mary Ann: there is limited evidence demonstrating the efficacy of BVA in arthritis

Thanks to you all, for contributing. I have amassed a collection of BV related studies and pretty much the evidence points to hyperbole unbacked by evidence. Real arthritis sufferers, including myself, will have to look elsewhere for relief.

Today I took several dozen stings (bees were ticked off by the thunderstorms) and while there was little or no swelling, the pain from the arthritis continues unabated. Whereas ibuprofen and naproxen actually work. At least for a while.

Which leads to the next question: why does the connection between BV and arthritis have such a long and deep seated history? Is it a form of psychological remedy, a very powerful placebo?

PLB