From:
"Peter L. Borst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:23:19 -0400
ALDEN MARSHALL wrote:
>Do you not question the diagnosis that initiated these statistics?

Alden,
I question everything. I may the world's most skeptical person. I was very
much on the side of SSDD (same shit, different day). I have seen so many
hives collapse over the years I thought, so what else is new?

However, when I read a paper authored by Dennis Van Engelsdorp, Robyn
Underwood, Dewey Caron, and Jerry Hayes, I stand up and pay attention. I am
not fool enough to suppose they couldn't be wrong, but these people did a
lot of work and I respect their conclusions.

I have kept an open mind through this whole thing and to this day I believe
we don't know what we have here. I tell people that if you were to look at a
map of this, you simply would not see any correlations. That in itself is
highly unusual. One would expect to see clusters or trends, etc.

If this problem was clustered around areas of heavy agriculture or near
urban areas, or just in areas with extreme temperatures, then you would have
something. So far as I know, there is nothing like that to hang a theory on.

pb