From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 17:38:21 -0700
> My suggestion is to not treat for Tracheal Mites and to instead "take your
> losses", and make your small contribution to developing wide-spread
> resistance.

This is a possible answer, but only for those who do not buy their queens.
Moreover, that group, the solution can work only for those who are in areas
where neighbours' drones do not predominate.

For those who cannot hope to control the genetics in their hives, treatment
is the only solution.  Losses will not result in any improvement unless the
beekeeper is able to breed from only tracheal mite survivors.

allen