From:
Midnitebee <"[log in to unmask]"@CYBERTOURS.COM>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 25 May 1997 19:02:37 -0500
Dave from Scranton wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
>         The first week of this month I recieved a package of Starlines and
> a package of Midnites. The Starlines came on Thursday and the Midnites
> came on friday. I put them both in with no problems. they are next to each
> other about 3 feet a part. Each got 5 drawn out frames and 5 new frames.
> Only difference was on the Starlines, I accidently pulled out the wrong
> cork and the queen was able to get out faster, than having to wait until
> the candy was eaten away.
>
>         Now after being in almost 3 weeks, they both have eggs and pollen.
> I have seen both queens and they look good. But the Starlines are
> screaming away bringing in tons of pollen and have taken almost 4 quarts
> of syrup.  And the Midnites are not taking in as much pollen and have
> taken less than 2 quarts of syrup. There seems to be more activity
> goinging in and out of the Starlines than the Midnites. Is this ok? Is it
> just the difference between the two strains or is there something wrong?

> Dave D. Cawley, Maitre d' |
> The Internet Cafe         |
> Scranton, Pennsylvania    |
> (717) 344-1969            |
>                     URL => http://www.scranton.com
Greetings!
 Not to worry. Both the starline and midnites are slow to build-up. I
have both of these race/strains . Remember,I live in Maine, where the
honey flow is at a later time in the year than most areas. The starlines
will build up faster than the midnites,but IMHO,this does not mean that
one is better than the other. You have to go with the weather conditions
in your area. I am glad you got both strains,this way you will compare
which strain will best suit your area.
 Midnitebee(Herb)