From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2007 09:36:37 -0800
On another thread Bob wrote:
> I love civil discussion on BEE-I (as do most members in my opinion)
> Thanks!

I second that!  When posts are heated and abusive, many members just hit the
delete key.  Uncivil discourse also prevents many from sharing what might be
useful information.

As a great example of such civil analysis, the article in the new ABJ,
"Comments About Colony Collapse Disorder" by Dr Gard Otis is perhaps the
most reasoned summary that I've seen to date.
He suggests that the factors that caused "CCD" in one area may be different
than those that caused it in another.  This certainly fits my observations,
and those of others on this List.

In my opinion, this does not detract from all the excellent work done by
researchers in their quest to "solve" CCD.  Each in their own avenues of
inquiry have added greatly to the state of knowledge of bee health and
disease issues.

Randy Oliver