From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2010 21:43:16 -0500
> What if I take a few deep frames that have no foundation, screen part of it in like a syrup feeder, and fill it with sugar cubes then place it close to the clusters in my hives? Your thoughts?

 I worked for a beekeeper back in 1975. He was "managing" several hundred hives which belonged to an old Indian who was a top notch beekeeper. The guy I was helping was "feeding" the other guy's hives by taking hundreds of pounds of cheap Mexican hard candy and shoving it down between the frames in the supers. My thoughts? Stupidest thing I ever saw. But he even got lazier than that, he started just dumping sackfulls of candy by the bee yards. Beekeeping on a scale of one to ten, that's a negative five. Good grief, if you care that little about bees, find another career.

Check the archives for many better ways of feeding bees. Search for fondant, etc