From:
Mike & Tina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2006 07:40:09 +1200
The original message was about destroying bees, and I responded
because no one had mentioned this method. Unlike some here, I am not
equipped to move a live hive easily. The recent discovery of varroa
here means that I probably did the best thing for the industry by
eliminating a possible vector, although the hive was varroa free when
last tested. I also wanted to restart with less hot bees adapted to
the local conditions. How many reasons do you want? Bees are
livestock. Sometimes they must be dispatched. I followed the advice
of the agriculture experts. I said I did not enjoy the experience.
Can we move on now?

Mike