Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2017 05:40:33 -0500
>After pulling apart enough of these dead outs, I'm confidant that it's not varroa

My confidence is shaken, I took some bee samples from some of the deadouts, and did an alcohol wash on a couple of hives that I tested after my mite treatment was finished in Sept.  The counts were 6 x's higher now than then, but having never done a wash on dead bees, not sure if that really reflects the mite count. My assumption is that the mites would drop off the bees as the bees die, not still be attached? So I would expect that the newer dead bees on the bottom board would have a higher mite count than the hive really had?  Anyone ever done this and have any idea what it really means?
going to do the other yard today and see what that shows.