From:
Tim and Lois Rich and family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 22:28:45 -0500
Chris and all - this time of year has been un-seasonably warm here in the North Carolina mountains until last week.  There have been almost no blooms, though, due to the lack of rain.  Last week we got some much needed rain, and now it is more brisk outside(low 20 degrees Fahrenheit) - so the bees are staying in their house more now.

         This brings me to another point: as a new bee keeper, how do you, or do you check the bees during the winter?
Thanks - Tim