From:
Dan Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2016 11:46:18 -0500
If you Google "DIY bird seed cleaner" you will find several options of
cleaners that are easy to build and work well for "legs, ants, whatnot".  I
have one of the pollen falls down, vacuum up (sucks up/sideways) versions
and it works very well for the light items.  I don't have an issue with SHB
here but would imagine they are heavy enough to drop through the air stream
with the pollen.  There are small commercial options available from some of
the bee houses if you don't want to go the DIY route.
I don't dry mine due to customer preference, just keep it frozen