From:
j h & e mcadam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 22:52:36 +0900
Steve Phillips wrote:
>I read somewhere that it works better to add empty honey supers below
>the full honey supers.  Is bottom supering important?  Why? It seems
>impractical once you get 3 or 4 honey supers on.

You under-super when the honey is insufficiently capped to remove but you
expect the honey flow to continue and honey storage space to be limited
before you return.  Bees will seek space adjacent the brood for honey
ripening and storage rather than cross a large expanse of capped honey.  If
you have 3 or 4 supers of uncapped honey you are probably over-supering and
should reduce the number to enable the bees to finish sealing a super at a time.

Betty McAdam
HOG BAY APIARY
Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island
j.h. & e. mcadam<[log in to unmask]