From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:26:02 EDT
Roger is correct about telling me about mass swarming.

However, I have NOT YET SEEN the mass swarming that he  describes.  Lots of
absconding and swarms, but you can see them coming from  individual hives.  And
our counter data says we get an initial loss of  forager bees, then a
dwindling each day as fewer than expected forager  return.  That's NOT a mass
swarming event.

We have seen some unusual swarms (mostly because of time of year - swarming
in winter?).  But, that's NOT appear to be the norm, just another of the
anomalies that we see.

Jerry

listings at AOL Autos.