From:
Gauthier Buddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 2009 07:20:49 -0600
Just wanted to say I appreciate everyone's contribution to the list. I keeps me informed, even though I am considered a hobbyist.

One observation about the timing of the swarm calls I get here in south Louisiana. For the past 10 years, I could set my calendar to when March 1st would arrive. The 1st bee swarm call would ring first thing in the morning on March 1st for the past ten years. Except this year. February 24th. We had a rather warm February and the early call reflected that. Since then though, we have dropped back down to normal with our nights being in the 30s with some frost. The calls have stopped.
In my little community of 20,000 or so, just myself alone, I received 80 -100 swarm calls. Amazing!!!

Buddy Gauthier
Information Technology Analyst / Beekeeper Hobbyist
Thibodaux, LA