From:
"Keeler, Lisa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 13:07:04 -0500
        As a newbee ( 3yrs) I'm very curious how everyone who works
gloveless and suitless succeeds in not upsetting and annoying the bees in
the first place.  My bee tend to be annoyed when I open the hive and as soon
as I start prying out a frame they are all over the frames and it is
impossible to grab anything without getting a bee and getting stung.

        Is it just smoke (which I don't use)?  Some writers don't use smoke
at all.  I wish there was a way to learn about just basics of how to handle
the bees and frames.  Both my mentors use gloves and just dive into the hive
without concer for gentler ways.

        Lisa Keeler
        Zionsville IN