Date:
Tue, 20 May 2008 15:11:50 GMT
-- Rip Bechmann <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I am unaware of anything in the literature that says bees cannot digest pollen.

I'm at work at the moment, but the paper we wrote was (i think) well referenced...martha gilliam's work especially comes to mind.

that said, in the april 2008 abj, jerry hayes says roughly the same thing to dave mendes (that pollen needs to be fermented in order for bees to digest it).  i don't have the magazine, but i'm sure someone here does.

deknow