From:
Mary Ann Kae <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2018 17:21:45 -0500
I really appreciated Jon's link to the royal jelly production video, which is what prompting me to respond.  There is much in the traditional Chinese medicine apothecary that is very powerful, if not dangerous, particularly their plant concoctions.  Bear in mind, however, that their methodology comes from "folk medicine", with a good portion of it being more tied up with the "ceremony" of folk practice and the psychology of placebo.

I've given a few odd moments of thought to what it would take to produce RJ for human consumption, but thanks to this thread it's in my face and I can't help ponder what a waste of bee resources it is.  Reading about what the constituents of royal jelly are, I'd put it on the same level as the ridiculous nonsense as consuming powdered rhino horn and harvesting bear gall bladder bile for human aphrodisiac and medicinal purposes.  If I ever received inquiries about this from any bee-product fan, I'd be trying to dissuade them from wasting their money on such. Here's a MSM "Cliff Notes" type summary re royal jelly, with the relevant research citation at the bottom of the article:
https://www.wired.com/2015/09/royal-jelly-isnt-makes-queen-bee-queen-bee/