From:
B Farmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 22:17:31 -0500
>But unregulated, the free market system has
demonstrated again and again that the end result is environmental
destruction, child labor, and a huge class disparity.

I think you made a mistake when you wrote that.  The free market has demonstrated again and again that the end result is environmental protection and a large middle class with little disparity.  (Short term discrepancies, yes.  Long term end results, no.)

Regulated market systems have demonstrated again and again that the end result is environmental destruction and a huge class disparity.  (We need only to look at the trends in America to see the effects of more regulations.)

As for child labor, I mowed lawns and helped on farms when I was a teenager, and I was darn glad to be able to earn money.  There is nothing wrong with child labor, and I think more kids needs to learn to put down the electronic games and go learn the value of a good work ethic and honest labor.  Laws against child labor actually hurt the economy, but no one wants to talk about the facts, because child labor is an emotional issue.