From:
"Brian K. Cooley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 11:09:41 -0500
Brian K. Cooley
Environmental Consulting & Biological Services
1899 El Centro Drive
Columbia, Missouri 65201
email:  [log in to unmask]
phone:  314-474-3941

> If any of you have found a good release agent, I'd like to hear from
> you.  Perhaps a hardwood board soaked in water would be a better choice
> than glass.  I know that I'd be able to get a good release then!

You might try coating the glass with a thin layer of stearic acid before
you dip.  It might be hit and miss before you get it down right.  It is
usually used more as an internal mold release and incorporated into
limestone fillers for the plastics industry.  A very small dusting will
work if it is going to work for you.  The only mold release I ever used
on glass would be carnuba wax or some type of car polish.  But you might
look into other various fatty acids.  There is an acid that I am trying
to think of right now that is similar chemically to stearic acid but it
is missing two hydrogen atoms.  It is a liquid at room temperature and
you might get better uniformity in your coating from this.  I will try to
find the name and get it to you.