From:
T & M Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 22:28:23 PST
Horacio wrote:-

> The method I know is to put the boxes and the frames (without wax) in =
> paraffin at about 160 degrees Celsius, for about 10-15 minutes. That =
> kill all the spores.

Can you please quote the scientific papers for this as I am very interested in temperature v's time relationships to kill AFB spores.

> The method is also good for preserving the wood.

This is not the case in Australia nor the USA.  In the USA, there has been published data to show that wax dipping does not stop decay.  Here in Australia, there is very strong anecdotal evidence to show that, unless the timber has natural durability against decay, the wax dipping will not prevent the timber from decaying (rotting).

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA