From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 23:34:36 -0800
At 10:16 PM 12/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On 16 Dec 98, at 7:13, Andy Nachbaur wrote:
>> beekeepers in the US got burned badly when they went into debt to make a
>> successful case against unfair China Honey trade practices when Canadian
>> interests took the honey that could not be shipped to the US by treaty
>> between China and the US and transshipped it to the US as a "Product of
>> Canada" circumventing the ruling against China.

>Enough is enough. These baseless accusations are unfair, and
>unwarranted, there is absolutely no truth in this statement.

To Mr. Eyre, and my Beekeeping Friends,

I am sorry Mr. Eyre and apologize if the news I report is bad or any do not
agree with it, or with any spin that I may add to it that offends any other
beekeeper, bee scientist, or any other friend to beekeepers.

I do not make the news and I realize much of what is reported about
beekeepers, beekeeping and honeybees is slanted, with half truths and mixed
with a few big lies thrown together to get you to buy it and read it. One
only has to read todays or yesterdays BeeNews to see for your own eyes the
difference spin can make between papers and see the lies that are fed to
the public with your own eyes. Or maybe you believe that the Los Angeles
Area Vector Control people are going to breed tame African bees and put
themselves out of business as was quoted in today news when things are just
getting going controlling honeybees.

The information I reported on Chinese honey imported into Canada and
transhipped to the US is a matter of public record and I believe this not
only harmed the US honey producer but also the Canadian Honey producer some
who may have been so involved to deny it ever happened or to realize that
with the short time the price of honey was high in the US, an important
market for many beekeepers from countries other then Canada, that by
transhipping Chinese Honey to the US that high price window was narrowed
and is now closed..maybe for generations to come or just for as long as we
are honey producers.

A few others may have been involved in supplying the Canadian Honey
involved in the blending and do not want to admit it. I did not have to add
anything to this story as the facts are clear for anyone who is interested
enough to read them and has been reported by others with no different
conclusion then what I have found and reported myself. I am sure any honey
producer involved will say it was that dirty old honey packer who did it
all. You will find the latest stats on Chinese Honey Imported into Canada
at this url or in the BeeNews Archives.

http://www.fas.usda.gov/scriptsg/gain_display_report.exe?Rep_ID=25362073.0

Much more information can be found on this subject by searching out the CIA
or US Embassy and Station Reports for Honey and Canada and reading them. I
can provide them but I don't want to have everyone thinK I am anti-Canadian
honey producer just because of a small 5-10 thousands metric tons of
Chinese Honey transhipped to the US when it is just 5-10 thousand metric
tons less of honest Canadian Produced Honey that was not shipped in
seceding years or that will be shipped at much lower prices.

>Canada returned a number of adulterated shipments to the
>exporters and refused to entertain it, and on examination could not
>find evidence of illegal dumping of Chinese honey to the American market.

I do not believe that I ever said that anyone involved in Canada was in
violation of any law other then what is expected between and from
beekeeping brothers in adjoining states. I know squat about Canadian Law
and know more then I ever wanted to know about California Law, and US Trade
Law and that is mostly how to find out answers to my own questions.

>This months special:
>I would suggest you listen to the prophets, 'either put up or.....'
>till you have definite proof.
>Is there not something about 'bearing false witness' and 'judge
>not less.....'? Your dislike of things Canadian is beginning to be obvious.

I rarely use this kind of rhetoric in my personal search for the truth and
I guess its because I try to live it in my daily life and see not the need
to profess it and believe what I write does express what's in my own heart
as what others write does the same for theirs. I would suggest if the
effort given to personal attacks on me were applied directly to the Dhampur
Sugar Company over their promotion of H-ana or Honey-analog sugar syrup
maybe some good would come of it. I don't know and am sure they will
continue to manfacture HF sugar products just as sure as I will contine to
write and report about beekeepers and beekeeping as I have seen it in the
past or see it today, I guess its just what we do and we will never please
everyone.

But these are very special personal times for me, a time to reflect,
repent, and to wish you all the same and may the spirits of the season warm
all your hearts and may the Pure Honey on your Apple and in your Bible
bring all the sweet rewards promised for the New Year and Season soon to come.

Andy Nachbaur
the OLd Drone
Los Banos, California