Reply To:
Kate Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:48:38 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
I certainly am a novice compared to reading all your posts, although have had bees 15 years, a dozen hives at the most.
Now for the first time,  my hives are several hours away at my future farm and poses a dilemna for me to remove honey supers. I get
there late afternoon and leave 24 hours later, several times a month. I do have a caretaker there who is learning and has a beesuit
and smoker to use and can help. .
I was thinking of an alternative to the fume board or abandoment method. How about if  I put several supers at a time on a triangle
escape board  on the back of a pickup parked 50 feet away ( in the shade)and seal all openings and leave for a few days?  I am
thinking that the abandoment method of stacking hives on their sides wouldn't work here, because if they were left a few days, would
definetly start getting robbed out. Should the triangle board be on top(reversed of course) to let light in or on the bottom? Should
the truck be parked closer so has not to disorient the bees returning home? We are only talking of perhaps a dozen supers and I have
3 triangle escape boards. Kate
Kate Henderson
Sheepy Valley Farm
[log in to unmask]
www.sheepyvalley.com

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/BEE-L for rules, FAQ and  other info ---
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ATOM RSS1 RSS2