From:
"Emily M. Pruyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 08:39:08 -0400
I'm Emily, New beekeeper (-haver, at this point?!?) Northwest of Boston, MA.....
Logging in with an update to the nasty bees plea.

Thanks to you all for your excellent advice and timely words of encouragement.
Special thanks to Lloyd for his tip on how to tip the top deep without
lifting (it worked!!!)
And to Madeline for all the information on robbing and the water bottle (I
took it along, but didn't need it).

My bees are now all medicated .....with no adverse affects to the beekeeper!!

I now do have another question.  Is there any reason not to put some sort of
handles on the
hive boxes to give a better purchase for lifting.  I realize it would take
up too much space as far as commercial beekeepers are concerned, but for the
hobby beekeeper?  Would the bees care?
I find it awfully difficult to lift/tilt a deep super full of honey stores
just by the indents provided on the sides of the boxes. If any of you do
install handles of some sort...what kind?

Even with my local beekeepers association, without this list I might very
well have become an ex- beehaver and never had the chance to try to become a
beekeeper.  Thanks VERLY MUCH for all your information and support.

Cheers,

Emily
Emily M. Pruyn