Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 07:15:39 -0700
>>>    Although satellite steering is becoming very popular for
planting! Not sure what the resolution for that is, but its got to be in the
foot range to work well.

Farmer who rents my acreage used GPS to plant and as far as I can tell the accuracy is in the few inches range.  The rows seem to be within inches of each other in accuracy across the full width of the field.  The only manual steering he does is the initial lineup at the start of the row where he lines up a marker on his GPS unit and when he plants the cross rows at the end of the long rows.

Mike in LA