From:
don coats <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2017 23:36:34 -0400

According to Keiths Delaplane (speaking to the Missouri State Beekeepers in
2007), of the top 12 food plants in the world, not one is dependent on bees.
They are: Banana, Coconut, Potato, Sorghum, Barley, Corn, Rye, Sweet Potato,
Cassava, Millet, Rice, and Wheat.

Without bees, the human race could prevail among an assortment of
monocultures.

Nor should we be alarmed about the annual high rate of dead-outs - mostly
due to beekeeper mismanagement. Bee farms of the southern tier of north
America are pleased to restore the sustainable winter losses... pyramid
marketing, a corporate response to fumbling beeks??

The greater issue that should taunt our conscience about the greater good is
the loss of habitat for all pollinators, resulting from the "plastering of
the human realm"  caused by our control of human living space and our
misguided sense of aesthetics.

The message in this is that our environmental concern should be to restore
native habitat for all pollinators, especially native bees and ultimately
the balanced human environment.

DC