From:
Kevin Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:28:43 +1300
From my own experience you do not have to heat granulated honey for treating
skin abrasions or cuts. If you apply the granulated honey to the dressing
that contacts the abrasion and tape it into place you will find the honey is
not granulated when dressing is removed, either body heat or moisture sort
this out.

As a side note buyers in NZ request manuka honey is not heated above 35 C
during extraction processing to avoid damage to enzymes helpful in healing.
Many people have altered baffle tanks, heat exchanges etc. to conform.

One of the nicest surprises using honey on abrasions is when removing,
dressings never stick to the wound

Kevin Gibbs