From:
Donald Aitken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 07:19:44 -0600
Hi Aaron:

It is hard to diagnose bearing failure without the bearing in hand. Could
you take a photo of a ruined one (dismantled) so we could see it? there are
lots of failure modes, corrosion, flaking, etc. My Maxant 20 frame extractor
has been working for 30 years with no bearing problems at all. The bottom
bearing has a grease nipple and the bearing is raised up so that honey does
not get into it.

                                    Best regards

                                    Donald Aitken