From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 06:22:22 -0700
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> In a message dated 24/10/05 23:19:14 GMT Daylight
> Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> <<Has anyone observed damaged mites with hygienic
> bees or are  hygienic bees
> simply removing [a number of] immature mites along
> with the  mite-injured pupae? >>
>

> The things to look for are  mites with legs bitten
> off, and ones with a rather characteristic dent in
> the  carapace from bee bites.

Oh boy!  More things to look for when doing hive
management.  :)  Not only that, but it's going to be a
strain on my mechanically assisted eye-sight.  Guess
with the advent of fall I'll have time to do that sort
of thing now though.  Would be a good adjunct to the
reports that I need to compile for the trial I'm
participating in.

Mike in Alabama

http://mail.yahoo.com