From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 07:25:53 -0600
> Does anyone have any ideas about how to reduce moisture content of honey
> after it has been extracted? Our moisture content is around 19.0-19.5%.
> We have a 40 pt. dehumidifier, but moisture reduction is extremely slow.

Best solutions: (That come quickly to mind)

1. Blend with low moisture honey
2. Pasteurize the honey so it will keep.
3. Make mead
4. Store in a freezer until needed
    or
5. Sell to a customer who is prepared to do one or all the above in a
    short timeframe ( monitor for signs of fermentation meanwhile)

Allen