From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 01:09:38 -0700
> >>What could you call pancake syrup made from watered down pasteurised and
> >>or preserved honey?
> >
> >"Honey flavoured Syrup"
> >"All Natural Honey Flavoured Syrup"

> How about "Honey Syrup", better than "Syrup
> of Honey"?

Of course if we use a preservative, then it has to be a syrup, not honey --
unfortunately.  We cannot call anything but honey, "honey".  We would not want
to.  That would open the floodgates.

If we add water, then it is not a recognised honey grade according to the
governments, so we cannot label it as honey without a grade -- and with that
moisture level, it would be a low grade just due to the moisture if it were
allowed at all.

This *is* a problem.

If we call it honey syrup, then we are in the same boat with Colonel Saunders
and his fake honey called 'honey syrup'.

Maybe if we labelled our product as such and called it REAL Honey syrup, "made
with only pure honey and the finest mountain (slough?) water" or some such
wording we would be able to get the idea across.

allen