From:
"Brian V. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 08:15:51 -0800
Dear colleagues: I am beginning a study on the parasitic fly genus
Melaloncha that attacks stingless bees in the New World tropics. I am
looking for collaborators in the Neotropical Region who would be willing to
help me. I need people who can direct me to nests of as many stingless bee
species as possible. Once I know where the nests are located, I can search
for the parasitic flies, which often are found around the nest entrance. By
the way, the flies also attack honey bees and can be a major source of
mortality for these insects.
        If anyone has an interest in this project, please contact me
<[log in to unmask]>. Thanks,

Brian

Brian V. Brown
Entomology Section
900 Exposition Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, 90007, U.S.A.

tel: (213) 763-3363   fax: (213) 746-2999
email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.lam.mus.ca.us/lacmnh/departments/research/entomology