From:
curtis spacek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 10:07:45 -0600
so i'm interested.what is the r&d cost involved in determining the
dosage and a simple delivery method for a chemical already approved as a
miticide?It seems to me this could be done with a minimum of personel
and a few hives infected with mites although we have been led to
believe  that millions in r&d is necessary to develope,test,approve and
market a  viable miticide for use in the honey industry.1)the active
ingredient was already developed,tested,approved,and marketed for other
agricultural uses.2)anyone with common sense could discover a minimal
dosage to be effective on varroa mites.3)this should have been done with
taxes collected from the A.H.B.(a much better use of our tax dollars
than rediculous honey recipes in a few obscure womens magazines)
  Am I off base here?Maybe I just had a bad night.
  29 hives,no winter losses,crisco/sugar/terramiacin patties only for
the past 2 years,no mites yet!probably just luck