From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 12:35:56 -0600
Peter wrote:
> I ask - how many of the packers would have shopped the Chinese suppliers
of the contaminated honey,

The packers and importers spent a huge sum of money fighting the
antidumping. Very little tarriffs have been paid.

Over 95 million pounds were imported into the U.S. during the first 6 months
of 2002. (Bee Culture  pg.11 Nov. 2002.)

The flow came from Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Chile, Australia, Mexico,
Paraguay, Uruguay and every other country which happens to *border* China
and Argentina and doesn't have tarriff restricitons.

> It was up to the authorities to pull the plug on the trade.
> The same authorities must be made aware and ready to prevent an influx of
predicted "cleaned "  honey.

In the U.S. war on drugs they *say* they catch 10% coming in. How much
contaminated honey has allready been moved into your respective countries
and is on shelves? Did the above authorities test every drum entering your
country for the illegal antibiotic or only shipments directly from China?

Bob