From:
Brian Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 10:54:32 -0400
First, I'd like to say thanks for all the great tips and help I've
received from the participants of this list.

Now to my questions:  I'm getting ready to extract my first
season's crop.  I've purchased a used extractor, and I'm not
sure of a few things.  I e-mailed Dadant (the manufacturer),
and they sent me some documentation, but the info they sent
is apparently for a newer model than I have - the controls are
not the same.  I have a Dadant 32 frame extractor.  The model
number on the control unit is 90-70, and the serial number is
7-4-258.  The front of the control unit has two lights, green and
red;  a large dial marked 0-100;  a power switch;  and a recessed
button marked "7" (which I'm guessing is a circuit breaker reset,
perhaps?)  The back of the unit has two switches marked
"continuous run" and "timer motor".  If I turn on the power
switch and the "continuous run" switch, the dial seems to
control the speed.  Can anyone explain the timer operation
and the meaning of the green and red lights to me?  Also,
I know I need to lubricate the bearings, and I have the proper
grease, but how do I do it?  I think there are upper and lower
bearings on the central axis.  Do I have to dis-assemble it
to lubricate it?  (I would have experimented with the control
unit more to figure out how it works, but I'm afraid to do so until
I get the bearings greased).

Thanks in advance,
Brian Myers
Norman, OK (central USA)