From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 15:30:49 -0600
 I thought I should correct a few errors in my recent posts:

Interestingly enough, the LISTSERV seems to have dropped a few lines from
the following paragraph in my last post.  Strangely, I saw the *entire*
text intact in the version sent to me and the moderators for approval and
can't imagine how the line got lost.  I wonder if it is correct in the
LISTSERV log.  Anyone else spot any quirks like this?

"I gather your preference for using cells is that the time without brood
is reduced?  In my experience it takes about 11 days to get a laying
pattern can be important when building for a flow or pollination
contract."

Should have read:

"I gather your preference for using cells is that the time without brood
is reduced?  In my experience it takes about 11 days to get a laying
pattern from a ripe cell vs. 21 for a dequeened hive, and that 10 day
difference  can be important when building for a flow or pollination
contract".

Another blooper, this one entirely caused by local wetware, was in this
statement from a previous post:

"Also I went to to A I Root's 1991 edition (2nd) of the ABC and can see
where the whole thing may have started  BTW, he is a very lucid and
delightful writer; the pedantic prose that taints later editions is
missing and he writes from careful and keen observation".

Everyone knows that A I Root wrote in the 1800's, not 1900's, and I should
have said "1891'.  Sorry.

allen