Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2017 07:58:33 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
a Richard snip followed by> my comments.. 
I would suggest anyone who believes this should take a modern entry level genetics course.  Then they should learn they are a brand new never before tried GMO that no one has had the slightest time to adapt to and it may end up killing them, but likely won't.

> I can't say I have taken a genetics class in decades but even then we knew about dna transfer at least when it comes to things like virus.  I would suggest the operational words above is 'likely won't'.... which leaves at least a possibility that yes it may and it may in some fashion that neither you nor I can image. At the end of the day larger numbers tell me that some will contain risk that no one can even imagine (which technically make these an uncertainty and not a risk at all).

>I would enjoy seeing any reference to 30% of beef virus being from a snake.  For some reason I suspect I will never witness.

>What you appear unwilling to see is mother nature via time deletes a lot of stuff and what ever species is left to adapted to this change.  It is a failed vision I suspect inhabits the halls of lab science folks with some frequency. 

>Change and it effects when measured via time can me modeled (in a math sense) as constant or punctuated. Any reference you might have that it is totally one way or the other I would enjoy seeing the reference... but again highly suspect I never will.

> What the 'tone' of your post suggest is a high degree of hubris that does seem to be a flaw in some scientist (could make a observation here but will not) circles and some politicians.

Gene just a simple beekeeper in Central Texas....

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2