From:
Ted Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2014 13:49:34 -0500
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2014/02/10/140210fa_fact_aviv?currentPage

Given some of the skulduggery preformed by Syngenta in their attempt to discredit and suppress scientific evidence, I had expected to hear a change in tone from some of their ‘fact based’ supporters. Instead I see they have joined the campaign to discredit and dismiss the unwanted facts.

I guess neither side in this debate is open to persuasion.

I am not persuaded by statements like (and I’m paraphrasing here):

‘Bayer and Syngenta scientists would never harm a bee for a measly $14 billion per year’,

‘Lab experiments proving neonics harm bees should be ignored because such experiments are contradicted by anecdotal evidence. For true truthiness, anecdotal evidence is always best.’

‘Anecdotal evidence that neonics harm bees should be ignored because it is anecdotal evidence.’

‘In cases where neonics do kill honey bees it is the beekeepers fault. After all, beekeepers should not expect to keep bees in agricultural areas. (He placed his bees in an agricultural area? What was he thinking?!)’