Date:
Tue, 31 May 2011 17:23:23 GMT
I have an architectual detail questions.  I had a call from a fellow who has a 4 story brick house.  The bees are in the soffit just behind the gutter.  It's not practical to get up to the eave from the outside.  Has anyone tried cutting into the eave on a brick-verneer wall from the INSIDE?

Typically in the US, brick houses have 2x4 or 2x6 walls on the inside with brick verneer on the outside.   My concern is what I would have to cut through to open the eave from the inside.  I think brick verneer (full brick) stops just below the eave but there may be 2 top plates (a structural element) that I would have to cut through.  Cutting is no problem - I don't want to compromise the structure...

Any ideas would be most appreciated!

Waldemar