From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2009 12:06:22 -0600
  At least one customs agent wants to see some  folks
> prosecuted and put in jail.
 this story is complex, runs  deep,
> involves some surprising people and countries.

The bottom line is money. Money to be made in funny honey. The finds which
have been made in the U.S. involved some respected importers. Or at least
they used to be respected.Also an interesting find of mine was there is no
record (I could find) of what happened to the adulterated honey supposedly
confiscated in the U.S.. One source said to me "Bob you do not want to know
what happened to the honey". Quit looking!

Making money for many packers trumps putting a quality product on the shelf.

No wonder salad dressings have around 20 feet top to bottom of the shelves
in Wal-Mart and honey has 3 feet on a single shelf. I wish I had pictures of
the honey shelves 10 years ago, 20 years ago and on back. Honey sales is
poorly promoted.

bob

"When I die bury me in Wal-Mart so my wife will visit"